Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Treasure.

October 7, 2026
Day 3,494

     Matt sent me an ordinary text today, but it made me stop and think. I had called him while I was driving home, but he didn't answer. He texted me, "hey babe, you okay, I'm doing a quick thing for class." Sometimes it's those little ordinary, everyday moments that make you stop and think. His text made me smile because I have a husband who loves me so much that he would send me a text in the middle of a school meeting to make sure I'm okay. I have a husband who I've been with since I was 17 years old. I have a husband who calls me babe. I have a husband who tells me at the beginning of October, "Don't open any packages over the next few weeks. I have some anniversary and Christmas gifts coming for you." I have a husband who comes to find me in the next room when I leave the room he's in because sports are on the tv. Those words got me today. I have a husband, and he calls me babe. He has since we were 17. What a gift. What a treasure.

     Feeling thankful tonight for the love of my life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment