Friday, July 10, 2015

Dear You,

Dear You,

     You've been on my mind constantly. I wonder how you are doing. I wonder if you've smiled today. A real and true smile because something has made you happy. I wonder if someone has said these words to you lately, "I love you. You're something special. Thank you. You're beautiful." I have been so sad for you. Sad because the person who is supposed to love you and treasure you the most is treating you like garbage. I'm sad for you because the person who is supposed to support you, uplift you, and encourage you is telling you the most horrible lies about yourself. Do not believe them. Do not dwell on them. Do not allow those despicable lies to sneak their way into your heart.

     Here is the truth: You are an amazing woman. You are strong. (You may think you are weak, but you are the exact opposite. I don't know anyone else who has as much courage as you do.) You are beautiful. You have a beautiful heart. You make a difference. And above all else, you are loved.

     You are stronger, so much stronger than you think you are. Stand up for yourself. Tell this person that you matter. Your feelings matter. And it matters when you hurt. It matters when you cry. It matters when you feel worthless because of the way you are being treated. Oh, how I wish I could march into your home and rescue you. Rescue you from this madness you are enduring. It enrages me to think of you being hurt the way you are.

     Be strong, You. Dig deep and find the courage that is already nestled somewhere within you to fight against this torture. You can't do anything to change another person. But your situation can and will change if you would only say to yourself: no more. No more will I stand for this. No more will I take this abuse. No more will I allow this person to utter one more unkind word about me. No more will I lay down and let this person trample me.

     I love you. So many people love and adore you. You are important. And you are special. And you matter. You are strong. You are smart. And you are a person worth fighting for. I will fight for you. I will pray for you. I will think about you. And I will be here for you. I will stand strong with you. You must be full of courage and fight every single day until this stops because life is too beautiful and lovely and wonderful to let this person stomp it out of you. Say to yourself every day: no more. And make that phrase your reality.

     Dear You, I'm rooting for you. But I'm not in the stands waving my flag from a distance. I'm on the field with you. I'm fighting with you. Fighting for you. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs, "go, You!" I'm screaming, "you can do this!" And you can.

     Dear You, I love you. I love you. I love you. Do not give up. Fight.







No comments:

Post a Comment