Thursday, December 29, 2016

Angels.

December 29, 2016
Day 109

     I'm thankful that when the days are scary and dark, and I feel the need for brilliant light, God gives me a clear and glowing blue sky to look at. I'm thankful that when I need air to move through my house, God sends the wind.  I'm thankful for this:

     Every morning, I ask the kids what they dreamed about during the night. I'll say, "Good Morning! Did you sleep well? What did you dream about?" Tobin answers me every single day with this: "I didn't dream about anything."

     Tobin has been sick. And I've been sick with worry. Last night, I had to do neb treatments throughout the night with him, and every time I put him back in his bed, I prayed for him. As I wiped his sweaty little forehead, I prayed that God would send his angels to stand guard over Tobin and protect him through the night.

     Tobin woke up during his 8:30 am neb treatment. He was trying to tell me something, but since the neb is pretty loud, and his voice is weak right now, I couldn't hear him. I turned off the neb, and he said this to me: "Mama, I had a dream last night that angels were flying around me."

     I'm thankful for Tobin. I'm thankful I get to be the one who takes care of him. I'm thankful that I get to call him mine. I'm thankful for his sweet face and smile, and I'm thankful he's feeling better. I'm thankful for Adelyn. She's been very patient, and she's been helping me care for Tobin. I'm thankful for my mom. She came over tonight with her air purifier and immune boosting supplements for Tobin. Thankful for sweet, sweet Higbee boy. Thankful for a quick visit at my sister's house. Thankful for a quick phone call with Emily. Thankful for many people who love me and love Tobin. Thankful for friends that message me to find out if everything is okay. Thankful for a good Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment