Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Down by the Bay

January 31, 2024
Day 2,658

     I'm sad this is the last day of January. February is the last true winter-like month of the year. I'm always sad to see winter go. However, I do absolutely love a fresh, new month. I like fresh new days and weeks and months and years. Tonight, I will be thankful that tomorrow is a fresh, new month. 

     I'm thankful for time to sing and laugh and be funny in the car with Tobin and Odette on the way home from school. We sang, "Down by the Bay," and we each took turns with the silly part. I did easy ones like: "Did you ever see a fox wearing some socks?" Tobin did some easy ones and some funny ones. Odette did all super silly ones. Our favorite was, "Did you ever see a frog eating a moose?" I also liked, "Did you ever see a moon with his legs sticking out of his body and he's walking down the road?" We laughed the whole way home. 

     I'm thankful I get to come home to the best house. I'm thankful the love of my life greets me at the door and walks out to the car and helps me carry in groceries. I'm thankful for dinners together. 

     I'm thankful my daughter likes to sing with me even though I'm not a great singer. I'm thankful we like to laugh together. I'm thankful Adelyn sings to me. She has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. 

     I'm thankful for a job well done at work today. I don't say that often or enough about my work, but I'm going to say it today. I'm proud of what I accomplished today. 

     Thankful that the weekend is coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment