Thursday, December 6, 2018

So is He.

December 6, 2018
Day 799

     Thankful for the shape of Tobin's nose. And the feeling of his cheeks against mine. Thankful for the shape of Adelyn's nose, and the feeling of her face against mine. Thankful to call two sweet people my own. Thankful for our lovely home in the woods among the animals and the grandest of trees. Thankful for hawks and foxes and deer and rabbits and snakes and spiders and woodpeckers and raccoons. Thankful that I get to live in this place. Thankful for Christmas coming soon. Thankful that I get to crawl into bed in about two minutes. Thankful for hot tea. Thankful for Christmas tins. Thankful for my students. I love to watch them learn and figure things out. Thankful for books. For coffee. Thankful for a fun day tomorrow. Thankful that tomorrow is Friday. Thankful for the peaceful quiet of my home right now. Thankful for Higbee and his kisses when we come home. Thankful for words. Thankful for this space to be thankful. I am so undeserving of this lovely little life. It's good. And so is He.

No comments:

Post a Comment