Monday, September 9, 2024

I can do great things right where I'm at.

September 9, 2024
Day 2,860

     I've always wanted to do something great. I love reading about people who did great things, or thought great thoughts, or created something beautiful and magical and new. I've longed for a long time to do something great with my life. I feel little pangs of jealousy whenever I hear about someone I know doing something amazing. I feel bad to feel that jealousy. It's not that I'm not happy for them. It's just that I am sad not to have found something great to do myself. 

     I'm not even sure what I'm using to measure and define greatness. I suppose it's one of those things that when you see it, you know it. When you see greatness, you know it. It doesn't need to be defined. 

     It's easy to get wrapped up in routines. I get up. I make lunches. We go to the bus stop. I pray for Addy and Tobin before the bus comes. I come back and get ready. I take Higbee out. I go to work. I come home. I make dinner. I clean it up. I prepare for the next day. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. 

     I have a picture of a note that Adelyn wrote to me. It goes like this: (I have not edited this because the way she wrote it is perfect and it makes me smile.)

Dear Mama and Dada How wood I be happy with out you. But I have you to carr about me and I want to say I love you good job you took carr off me the whole time thank you I love you
Love Adelyn Sanderson

     She was six when she wrote that. I think about that line often: "Good job. You took care of me the whole time." 

     Here I am feeling bad about not doing great things, and my daughter has been here all along telling me the most important thing: "Good job!" 

     I think great things can be the little things like love notes and making dinner and taking walks and just being together. 

     I can do great things right where I'm at. 

Higbee went to the vet today. He got a healthy report!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment