Tuesday, October 23, 2018

When did the flu become a season?

October 23, 2018
Day 755

     Someone said these words to me today: "It's flu season." I've been pondering these words all day and I've come to these conclusions.

1. Since when did the flu become a season? Last I checked there was spring, summer, fall, and winter. Fall and winter are my two favorite seasons. I absolutely love the cold air. When there is cold air outside, I feel as though I can truly breathe deep. I feel invigorated. I feel alive. I feel good. Hearing the words, "It's flu season," does nothing except make me feel nervous and anxious for the duration of my two most favorite seasons. It makes me wish them away so that I can escape the heavy blanket of, "It's flu season."

2. When someone again says these words to me: "It's flu season," I'm going to ignore them. I'm going to leave them right where they are and not bring them with me everywhere I go. Instead, I'm going to concentrate on these words, "It's fall," or "It's winter." Fall means cool, crisp air. It means gorgeous leaves. It means amazing sunsets. It means clouds and sky and colors that make me happy to be alive. Winter means cold, cold air. It means snow and the low winter sun. It means cozy evenings at home because the sun goes down early. It means Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's Day. It means cold sunsets, but they're so worth it. Some of my favorite sunsets have been in the middle of winter.

     Thankful for resolutions. Thankful for a clear mind. Thankful for the seasons: spring, summer, winter, and fall. Especially fall and winter. It's fall. Right now, it's fall, and it makes me overjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment