Saturday, October 13, 2018

Words are forever; they cannot be unspoken.

October 13, 2018
Day 745

     I watched a movie last night called, Julia and Julia. It's about a woman who starts a blog about cooking every recipe in Julia Child's cookbook. She blogs when she cooks a new recipe, and she collects followers along the way.

     I'm not going to lie, a small part of me felt a twinge of jealousy when this woman who blogged about cooking collected enough followers to eventually lead her down the path to getting multiple book deals. My thoughts were: I'm blogging about life and death and grief and thankfulness. This is way more important. They were selfish thoughts; jealous thoughts.

     I've wished and hoped for book deals from this blog. I've wished and hoped that someone, somewhere will read something that resonates with them and be compelled to write and say, "I need you to write a book."

     But that hasn't happened.

     And that's okay.

     It's okay if no one at all ever reads these words. The purpose of this blog is for me to write. And it has served its purpose, day after day, month after month, year after year. I write. That's what matters. Some days, it may only be one sentence. I thought it about it though, and one thankful sentence is better than no thankful sentences.

     Even if I never write and publish a book, even if no one at all every reads my words, I wrote them. That is all that matters. They are here. Words are forever. They cannot be unspoken.

     Thankful for a cozy place like this to write words that will be forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment