Friday, July 26, 2019

Safe at home in the country.

July 26, 2019
Day 1,031

     This day started off with such promise. Matt and I decided to take the kids the DC for the day. We went to The Museum of Natural History. It was a disaster. It was crazy hot in the museum. It was crazy crowded. And it was too much for Tobin. He was overwhelmed. We stayed for maybe an hour or two, and then we couldn't take it anymore. I was dizzy and feeling anxious with all the people. I don't like crowds. Even Matt was feeling dizzy. So, we left. It was a hot walk back to the car. Then in the parking garage, Addy and Tobin almost got left on an elevator when Matt and I got off and the doors shut very suddenly. I pried the doors open with my hands, and one of the kids pressed a button inside and the doors opened. Both Adelyn and Tobin's faces were as white as ghosts. It was a stressful day for them. Poor Tobin said it was the worst day ever.

     Here's what I'm thankful for though...
1. We got to have lunch at Bozzelli's Deli.
2. We got to come home to the country and relax in our cozy home.
3. We got to tell the funny story of our horrible day in DC.

     Thankful for my babies. Thankful we are all safe at home now in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment