Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Wild, but wonderful.

July 23, 2019
Day 1,028

     Thankful for a good day. Adelyn had surgery today to remove a benign skin growth from under her eye. She was amazingly brave. She didn't shed a tear due to fear or pain. She is so confident. She's the brave and the confident and the unshakable that I want to be. I am so thankful for my sweet, wild one. Unaware that her nickname is "Wild One," the nurses told us, "You've got a real wild one on your hands!" Apparently, she was throwing punches and kicks when they tried to wake her up after surgery. She's wild, but oh, she's wonderful.
   
     Tonight, I am so thankful that the surgery went well, and that my baby is recovering well. I'm looking forward to being trapped in the house with all my loves for a week. It's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment