Tuesday, January 17, 2023

It is still winter.

January 17, 2022
Day 2,281

Thankful for: 

A healthy day of eating. 

Hot tea after a long day. 

Our home in the woods. 

Patty and Armando's home will be ready soon. I can't wait to go over to Patty's for dinner or coffee or tea or just to watch tv. It will be so wonderful to go home to her home. 

Higbee was happy to see me when I got home. 

Hugs from Tobin at school. 

A little boy named Reese brought me a picture of a penguin today. I hung it up on my board. 

Reading to my students and being able to love them. My job is very special. 

Lunches prepped for tomorrow. 

Higbee looking straight at me when he needs something. Also, Higbee running over for his bits of cucumber every night while I'm preparing my salad for the next day. 

The sound of Looney Tunes. 

It is still winter. I think I love winter because I crave feeling cozy. I want to be at home with my family and my dog. I want comfortable things like sweats and slippers and sweaters and blankets and couches and movies. I want to go walking outside in the cold. Then I want to come in and just be. I want to bake bread. I want to make food. I want to crochet blankets. And read. And write. I want to do quiet, cozy, homey things and those things are done in winter. The honest truth is: I want winter all the time. 

It rained today. I love the rain as much as I love winter. 

Time to be quiet now at night. Time to rest. Time to not think. Time to sleep. 





No comments:

Post a Comment