Monday, January 2, 2023

Simple. Humble. Holy.

January 2, 2022
Day 2,266

     This day was good. I woke up and was able to see and hear and feel. I woke up surrounded by all the great loves of my life in our dream house; only it's not a dream. It's real. I was able to go walking in the cold air. I saw bluebirds sitting on tree branches with the morning sun shining on them. I heard a hawk calling out to me as I walked past him in the woods. I let Higbee lead me where he wanted to go. He likes to smell all the things, and I was happy to let him. I came home and ate a lovely breakfast and drank clear, clean water. I showered in hot water followed by cold water. I went shopping for food with my sister and Odette. Then I went shopping some more with Tobin. Tobin and I got to pick Adelyn up from school. We came home to a clean kitchen because Matt had cleaned it for us. He was building a new storage cabinet for us. We had a lovely dinner together. We laughed. We relaxed on the couch. I laid in bed and read to my babies. We held hands and cuddled close together under the blankets. We read about Laura and Mary as we have been doing for many years now. We held hands tight while we prayed together. There were hugs and kisses before bedtime. 

     This day was simple. It was humble. There wasn't anything particularly exciting going on, but it was good because it was filled with the simple, humble, holy gifts of love and life. 

     I'm thankful for the every day goings on. I'm thankful that I get to do this life. It's good, and I don't deserve it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment