Saturday, August 10, 2019

I lay.

August 10, 2019
Day 1,046

     Today, I am thankful for new and exciting projects on the horizon. I am thankful for Adelyn's pink room. We finished it today by putting her new decorations up on the wall. It is such a sweet room. Just like her. I am thankful that Tobin asks me to lay with him at night. He's so considerate that he tells me I can say goodnight to Adelyn first, and then come lay with him. When I lay with him, he holds my hand, and puts his face very close to mine. It is in those moments that I smell and feel the baby in him. It's the closest I will get to being with him like he was when he was a baby, so I hold him close, and I lay with him too long. I always have lots of things to do at night, but when he asks me to lay, I lay. I am thankful for the chocolate chip cheesecake baking in the oven for Matt's birthday. Thankful that my kids still like to get baths. In fact, they prefer them to showers. Thankful for Higbee. He likes to stay close beside me. I love his face so much. Thankful for my husband. He likes to play with me. I love being in love with the love of my life. Thankful that tomorrow, we get to celebrate Matt's birthday with our family. We're going to have a delicious meal and play games. Thankful for this sweet life. It's so very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment