Saturday, August 24, 2019

Thankful list > Shit List

August 24, 2019
Day 1,060

     This day was hard. I cried many times. I got angry many times. I wanted to scream many times. I wanted to smoke. I wanted wine. I wanted to sit on the couch and watch mindless TV. I still want to do those things. BUT...

     I have Adelyn. I have Tobin. I have Matt. I have Higbee. I have Patty. I have my family. I have a new day to look forward to tomorrow. The weather was glorious today. The sky was blue today. I could go grocery shopping and buy whatever I wanted. I have a beautiful home. I have new shoes. I have books to read. I have dishes to wash. I have a couch to sit on. I have this place to write.

     The thankful list is always longer than the shit list. And tonight, I am thankful for that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment