Wednesday, July 15, 2020

I'm strapped in. And I'm waiting for words to come.

July 15, 2020
Day 1,376

     I feel anxious. Not because there is something happening. Not because of what might happen. But for the first time, I feel anxious because of what is not happening.

     Have you ever felt that you are on the verge of something great? Have you ever felt that you on standing on the doorstep to some magical crossroads? If you choose one way, you'll live a ho-hum life where nothing particularly bad will happen, but nothing particularly wonderful will happen either. If you choose the other way, you will fall smack dab into the middle of exactly where you wanted to be? You'll fall right into something great. You'll fall into something greater and bigger than your greatest and biggest dream.

     I am there.

     Here's what I know:

1. I cannot dull my mind with mindless things like binge watching TV for hours at night. The night is when I write the things that I am the most proud of.

2. I cannot not write because I don't know where to start.

3. I have stories to tell.

4. I have truths to share.

5. I have things to discover.

6. I have work to do.

     Thankful for the anxious. Thankful for the crossroads. Thankful for the feeling of being on the verge of something great. I'm going to hold on for this ride. I've no idea where it stops or lets up or goes around in loopty loops. I'm here. I'm strapped in. And I'm waiting for words to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment