Saturday, February 20, 2021

Clutter, chaos, messyness.

February 20, 2021
Day 1,568

     Thankful for a good day spent entirely inside. I made it well over 10,000 steps inside the house today cleaning and organizing. I organized the kid's toy room, the library, the kid's art supplies, I vacummed, I cleaned the bathrooms, I made three loaves of bread, and I made breakfast, lunch, and dinner for my kids. I even had time to watch Fried Green Tomatoes. It's a good, good feeling to go to bed tonight in a clean and organized home. As I was cleaning today, I started getting pissed about how many toys my kids have and how messy their toy room was. But I then I thought this: in a very few short years, they will be done with toys forever. There will be no more toys to clean. And when that day comes, I will be very sad indeed. So right now, I'm going to embrace the clutter and chaos and the always messyness of toys. I'm going to enjoy the days when my babies are still children. These days are fleeting. 

     Thankful for a messy toy-filled house to clean. Thankful for dog hair to vacuum. Thankful for a million books to organize and put on shelves. Thankful for home projects that are now completed. Thankful for this life. I don't deserve such beauty and love. Thankful for two people named Adelyn and Tobin. They are the greatest gifts I've ever received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment