Sunday, February 21, 2021

Ryker's Birthday.

February 21, 2021
Day 1,569

     Thankful for a good day spent with my family. This morning, the kids and I played board games in their newly organized toy room. I baked three loaves of bread. Matt slept in because he was up all night running calls at work. The sky was a lovely blue. It was cold outside. It was a good morning to spend inside. In the afternoon, we went to my brother's house for my nephew's birthday. It was a great time! Great food, great family time, and a great birthday party. My favorite part of every birthday is the afirmations. We tell the birthday person what we love about them, and when we do that, the birthday person just beams. It's a great birthday tradition. 

     Thankful for a great time with my family today. Thankful for good food. Thankful for nieces and nephews. Thankful for laughter. For dancing. For bug hunting. For little voices playing make believe. Thankful for the way we sing, "Happy Birthday." Thankful for Ryker. Thankful for his sweet voice, for his kind heart, and his chocolately brown eyes. Thankful that I get to be a part of his life. 

     It was a glorious day, and I'm thankful for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment