Thursday, April 7, 2022

40.

April 7, 2022
Day 1,998














     
     Today was my 40th birthday. It was the perfect day. It was gray, rainy, and cold. I had cake and ice cream for breakfast and lunch courtesy of my sister. My students were amazing and told me why they loved me often today. They gave me little gifts and cards and little papers saying, "Happy Birthday!" I came home to the best husband who came out to hug and kiss me as soon as I got home. He made my favorite dinner: corned beef and cabbage with potatoes. I had a Guinness Blonde with my meal, and we had Irish soda bread spread thick with Kerrygold butter. Then we had the prettiest and most delicious cake for dessert with 5 different kinds of ice cream to choose from. Matt and the kids got me the sweetest gifts. Tobin got me tongs for cooking. He bought it with his Spanish bucks that he earned at school. Addy gave me a Friends cookbook, and a homemade Bible story book with beautiful pictures. Matt gave me an ultrasonic Himalayan salt/diffuser. I've already got it up and running by my bed. 

     It was a good, good day. I'm thankful to be 40. 

No comments:

Post a Comment