Sunday, November 5, 2023

18 years.

November 5, 2023
Day 2,571

     Matt and I are celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary today. Our marriage is now officially an adult. We've learned so much together in our 18 years of marriage, but this morning, I realized something. Eighteen year old kids are idiots. They're immature, they make bad decisions, they're cocky. They think they know everything when in fact, they know nothing. Here I am thinking Matt and I are in an amazing sweet spot in our marriage, but we might in fact be idiots, immature, bad decision making, cocky, know-it-alls. 

     If we're feeling good now at 18 years, I can't even imagine what new things we'll discover together over the coming years. I can't imagine how much deeper our love will be. I can't imagine what new levels of intimacy we'll reach. I can't imagine how it can get much better than it is now, but like I said...we're just 18 year old idiots. What do we know? 

     So thankful for the love of my life. I'm proud of our 18 years. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment