Tuesday, December 12, 2017

My sick husband comforted me.

December 12, 2017
Day 433

     I am so thankful tonight for warm clothes and good walls around me and my family. Thankful for good, warm food to eat. Thankful for the way the clouds look when it's very cold and windy outside. Thankful for family. Thankful for a sweet Christmas program at school. Tobin and Phia had their Christmas program tonight, and they looked like precious angels. Thankful for delicious homemade chicken noodle soup and biscuits. Thankful for warm, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Thankful that tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm ready, so ready, for the weekend. Thankful for time to lay in bed and watch a show and drink tea. I am thankful for my husband. Here's why I'm thankful for him on this day:

     He's pretty sick right now, and he has been for a few weeks. Today, I got scared and worried about his illness. I came home and talked with him and started crying. And my husband, who is sick, held me and comforted me while I was crying. To be quite honest, I've been annoyed with his illness up until today. I'm not proud to say that.

     He is amazing. And I am completely undeserving of his unconditional love.


     Thankful.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment