Monday, June 25, 2018

55 days to be exact.

June 25, 2018
Day 635

Tonight, I am thankful for these things:

1. A productive day. We cleaned and organized.

2. Adelyn and Tobin played together all day nicely. They colored. They played pirates. They made a party for us. They are amazing beings.

3. Higbee ran a lot today. Matt cut the grass, and Higbee likes to be outside with Matt while he's cleaning up the grass clippings. He literally just runs across the yard as fast as he can. You can tell it's pure joy on his face.

4. I added books to my bookshelf today. Adding books to my book collection always makes me smile.

5. We had leftovers from Steph and Mario and Sue to eat for lunch and dinner today. It was a huge blessing.

6. Tomorrow, we are going to the Virginia Safari Park. The kids are very excited. Sue has purchased a ton of snacks and goodies for the trip. She sure knows how to make an outing a special occasion.

7. I love the smell of my home.

8. My husband kisses me and hugs me often. Sometimes, I get frustrated when he wants to stop me from what I'm doing to hug and kiss him, but I'm glad I have to him to remind me to stop. To kiss. To hug. And to enjoy the moment I'm in instead of worrying about my to do list.

9. It has been a mild summer so far. I like mild summers. Warm weather but not too hot.

10. The sunset was magnificent.

11. I love the smell of Higbee.

12. I love kisses from my babies. Adelyn has a slightly wet kiss. Tobin has a more pronounced pucker, and he kisses you square on the lips.

13. I'm so glad that I have so many days left of summer. 55 days to be exact. I'm going to make them count.

14. I'm going to eat ice cream right after I finish writing this. I'm going to eat it in bed while I watch a show. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

15. I love phone conversations with my parents. They call because they still care about me so much. They care for me just as they did when I was their small child.

No comments:

Post a Comment