Saturday, June 23, 2018

Not "even though."

June 23, 2018
Day 633

     I could begin this blog post with: even though. But I won't. I won't begin with an even though, because there is much, much more to be thankful for.

     I will say these things instead:

1. The forest looks magical after a rain storm. The trees drip with water for sometimes hours afterwards. They seem to really enjoy the rain.

2. The light that floods the forest comes from all different angles. It shines wherever it pleases whenever it pleases. The trees seem to really enjoy the sun.

3. There are grapes and blueberries growing in my garden.

4. There is a beautiful desk in my library where I can sit and write and look out the window at a gorgeous piece of land that I own. It's mine. I live here. Sometimes, I still can't believe it.

5. My dad is here right now helping us.

6. My husband loves me.

7. My kids love me and we had an ice cream sundae party while we watched a rerun of America's Got Talent.

8. It is summer time.

9. There wasn't a tornado today. I got a tornado warning alert on my phone, but there was no tornado.

10. I have a front porch.

11. My sister lets us come shower and eat at her house every day.

12. Matt's mom let us come shower at her house, and she buys us dinner and snacks at the movie theater.

13. My bed is really comfy.

14. My children are so beautiful. And sweet. And funny. They make me laugh. I love to hear them laugh hard.

15. I have lots of books in my library to read. I love to read.

16. Soon, I will have water in my house again.

17. Adelyn and Tobin drew me pictures today.

18. I got to hold my children and hug them and be with them today. I'm so beyond blessed to have them. I don't deserve such happiness.

19. I love the smell of my home.

20. Patty and I have plans to hang out next Monday together during Odette's nap time. We're going to McKay's used book store. I can't wait. I love perusing around the book store for hours with my best friend.

I'm proud I found 20 things to be thankful for instead of saying, "even though." Even though doesn't really need to be said. Instead, speak the truth. And the truth is always this: you can find things to be thankful for. If you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment