Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Carrying Tobin to bed.

May 11, 2022
Day 2,032

     Springtime is a rough time for Tobin. His eyes are constantly red, watering, itchy, swollen. His nose runs. He coughs. Sometimes he wheezes and needs albuterol. It's just rough all around. During the springtime when he's blah from all the pollen, Tobin gets a bit needy. He needs more hugs. He requests warm wash cloths for his eyes often. He wants treats. Popsicles. Cookies. Candy. He looks so miserable all the time that I'm inclined to give him whatever he asks for. It's a dangerous game, but sometimes I'm just so happy he's hungry that I'll give him whatever he's hungry for. And so...the little cycle goes. Tobin suffers from allergies. Mama gets worried. Tobin wants things. Mama gives them to him. 

     One of the things that Tobin has starting requesting is that I carry him up to bed every night. The first night he asked me to carry him up, I just had to. He literally couldn't see because of his eyes. I carried him that night out of necessity. But now, he wants me to carry him up to bed every single night. He's tall. He's heavy. He's in third grade, but I carry him. I pick him up, I hold him close, and I carry him to bed. We have to stop off by the bathroom for the brushing of teeth, but then I pick him back up and carry him to bed. It's my new favorite thing ever. Carrying Tobin to bed. 

     Thankful for Tobin being needy. Thankful that I get to be the one he needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment