Tuesday, May 10, 2022

It makes me smile.

May 10, 2022
Day 2,031

     Making healthy food for my family to eat takes a long to prepare and clean up. The reality is this: I come home from school, cook, clean it up, clean up the day's lunch containers and water bottles, and then make lunches for the next day. It takes a long time. I do it because I love them, and I want them to eat good, healthy food. Some days, I wish I could take the easy way out and just give them pre-packaged stuff. On those days when it's hard to prepare food, I look at the water bottle stickers. Tobin has one of a bumblebee that says, "Don't worry, bee happy." Addy has a polaroid camera, and a few cute dog stickers. 

      I have no idea why looking at Addy and Tobin's water bottle stickers makes me want to do a better job for them, but it does. I think it might be because I am reminded that they are still children, and childhood is fleeting. I see those stickers, and I think to myself that I must do better for them. I must keep going for them. I must give it my all for them. They're worth it. 

     I'm thankful for water bottle stickers. I'm thankful for Adelyn and Tobin. I'm thankful for that bumblebee sticker because every single time I see it, I think of Tobin peeling off the backing and sticking it to his water bottle. It makes me smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment