Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Quiet closet moments.

May 17, 2022
Day 2,038

     I made up my mind that when I came home today, I was going to go to my room and cry. Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with everything. Everything feels loud and busy and chaotic. As I was standing in the closet in our room, Matt came and knocked on the door. He listened to me. He hugged me and kissed me. Then he just sat and talked with me. And somehow after we were done talking, the cry wasn't necessary anymore. I'm thankful for Matt. Not only does he wipe away my tears when I do cry, he makes them unnecessary when I want to cry. 

     Thankful for quiet closet moments with Matt. The life we have built together is beautiful, and I need a bigger word than thankful to say how thankful I am for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment