Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Matt.

May 31, 2022
Day 2,052

     I had Seventh Heaven on in the background while I answered work emails tonight. Matt was sitting with me and a scene came on where a person had to tell another person that their mom had just passed away. Matt tells me, "I have to do that all the time." 

     I was really taken aback. I had no idea that my husband had to deliver such heavy news to anxiously waiting families as a part of his job. 

     The more I find out about Matt's job, the more I am convinced that he's one of the strongest people I know. He wakes up at 4 am to go to work for 24 hours at a time. He sees hard things. He has to work in floods, in storms, in snow, during covid. 

     I'm amazed at his strength, his courage, and his heart. I'm thankful that he chooses to love me. I'm thankful that he's brave. I'm thankful that he calls me his and I call him mine. God knew I needed him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment