Saturday, August 6, 2022

Matt's Birthday # 1

August 6, 2022
Day 2,119

Thankful for: 

Another full and busy day. 

I baked and cooked all day in preparation for Matt's big birthday celebration on Sunday. 

Me, Matt's mom, Adelyn, and Tobin surprised Matt when he got home from work this morning. We were all wearing sunglasses and waiting to show him all the 80's stuff we had up in the house for his party. 

We had a big breakfast: French toast, sausage, and orange juice. 

I baked a wacky cake, a chocolate chip cheesecake, a lemon bundt cake, and cookie bars for Matt's birthday. 

I made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits for Matt's special dinner. 

We had cake, ice cream, and opened presents. 

It was a day spent entirely at home doing things to prepare for Matt's big birthday bash. I'm glad I can do things to make Matt feel special. 

I got to hang out with Matt's mama all day. It has been fun to have around. 

Tobin licked the bowl after I made the wacky cake icing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment