Sunday, September 24, 2023

Tree lessons.

September 24, 2023
Day 2,529

I was watching the trees sway in the wind from my bedroom window today. I always ask God to keep the trees up on windy days. As I stood there, I remembered a story I heard a while back about trees that were grown indoors. The trees grew tall and big, and even though there was nothing wrong with them at all, when they reached a certain height, they began to just fall over. The reason they fell over is because they hadn't had to withstand the stress of any wind or storms. The wind and the storms actually make the trees stronger. Storms strengthen them. 

I think it's the same with people. If we never had hard times in life, we would be weak. The storms are what make us strong. The wind blows us. Storms threaten to take us out, but we're only just swaying a bit. If we never had storms we would fall. The storms are what help us to keep standing. 

Thankful for lessons from trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment