Thursday, September 14, 2023

Just because fries and milkshakes.

September 14, 2023
Day 2,519

     Today was a good day. Tobin and I had to leave school early to pick up Adelyn from school at four. We decided to stop for fries and milkshakes just because. I think "just because fries and milkshakes" taste the best. They differ from "good appointment fries and milkshakes" in that there doesn't need to be a specific reason like a good doctor's appointment to have them. "Just because fries and milkshakes" have to be purchased spontaneously whereas "good appointment fries and milkshakes" happen only after good doctor's appointments. Adelyn was pleasantly surprised to have such a delicious treat ready for her when she got in the car. We had tacos for dinner. We studied spelling words. We played with Higbee. We made lunches for tomorrow. There were hugs and laughs and kisses goodnight. I talked with Matt. I listened to Adelyn sing. We are all happy and healthy. 

     It was a good day today because every day is a good day when you're living your dream life. So thankful for this beautiful, sweet life of mine. So thankful for the people and furry creatures I get to share it with. I can't wait to spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with all the great loves of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment