Thursday, July 11, 2024

Love stories.

July 11, 2024
Day 2,820

     Matt and I have the habit of always walking Higbee together in the evening. It's our time together to walk, to be quiet, and to talk. While we walk, we hold hands. During our walk this evening, we talked about water bears, driving to the beach, things we want to do with our kids, Higbee, bug bites...

     Our walks are not especially special, but we do them so often and so regularly that they're really more of a tradition than a habit. 

     If someone told me they knew of a couple whose tradition is to walk with their dog through a forest every evening sometime before or after dinner, I would remark how sweet and lovely it was. I would think fondly of that couple walking in the woods with their dog. I would wish for a life as pleasant as theirs. 

     It's funny that when a person lives their own real live love story, they forget that they are the star. It's easy to look past the simple things we do every day like holding hands while we walk Higbee in the evening sometime before or after dinner. 

     It's a love story, and I'm in it. 

     Thankful for walks, for hand holding, for Higbee, for crunchy gravel under my feet, for the feeling of Matt's hand in my own, for Matt, and for love stories. I think ours is a great one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment