Tuesday, January 20, 2015

6:00 am.

Project 365 * 2
Day 750

     There are only a few good things about the morning time:

     Breakfast. But not a bowl of cereal breakfast. I mean a real breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, orange juice, coffee. Breakfasts that make it worth getting out of bed on a Saturday.

     Morning cuddles in bed. It's the epitome of cozy. A warm bed. Morning light pouring in the windows. Cartoons. Little ones with morning breath snuggled in real close.

     And the sunrise. The honest truth is, I wanted to smash my alarm clock with a hammer this morning. Then again...I want to do that every morning. But I was especially annoyed that I had to get up this morning. I was still grumbling when I went outside to walk Roxy. I took one look at the sky and actually stopped dead in my tracks and muttered out loud, "my God." The sunrise this morning was quite possibly the most amazing I have ever seen the sky look. I am not exaggerating at all: it was glowing hot pink. Like an electric, neon, hot pink. It was incredible. And in one minute, it was over. If I hadn't been up early, I would have missed it.

     And the birds. You've seen them. The ones the sit on the telephone wires. Or the ones that fly around from tree to tree. Only landing on the tip top of branches. Some of them sit huddled close together. Others sit alone. Breathing in the morning air like one would sit and drink a cup of coffee on the deck of a beach house. Your feet up on the railing. The wind blowing your hair. The birds really know how to take in a sunrise. While we scurry around like ants upon the earth, they take to the sky. And they sing as they bask in the glow of the sunrise. What a glorious way to begin each day.

     Thankful for the electric, neon, hot pink sunrise this morning. Thankful for things like breakfast food, and morning cuddles, and birds, and the sunrise. Those are the things that make 6 am okay. And even on the rarest of occasions, like today, those things make 6 am amazing.






No comments:

Post a Comment