Saturday, January 31, 2015

Day 760. Signing off.

Day 760

     This is scary. Even at this moment, as I write this, I want to hold on. I don't want to let go of this thing that has saved me. This simple something that has changed the very essence of who I am. It has changed how I see things. How I live. How I breathe. How I love. What a simple gift it has been. The gift of a blank space on which to write the things that are good in my life. The things that I don't deserve and have anyways. My life's greatest blessings. My joys.

     There have been sad days. There have been angry days. But out of 100 days + 760 days, there has been way more good than bad. Way more beautiful than ugly. Way more happy than sad. I've learned more things than I can ever count by writing for these 860 days. Being thankful has been one of the greatest things I've ever done with my life.

     I made the decision to stop blogging every day because I made another decision that will require much of my daily time and attention. However, Rivers of Thankfulness will not be abandoned. I will post once a month or so. With pictures, of course. And I will be writing daily. Just not here.

     So, as my final post, on this final day, day 760, I will say this:

     There is not a word big enough to say how thankful I am for this blog. For this journey. For this blank space. For this tiny little space on the world wide web. For these past 760 days. For the previous 100 days. Without this place to write everyday, I honestly don't know where I would be. I don't know who I would be. All I know is that I would be lost. I would be sad. I would be scared. I would be angry. These days, this place to write, this little blog called, Rivers of Thankfulness, transformed my life. It was therapy. It was medicine that I never knew existed. Tonight, I am thankful for this blog. For my journey. For the rivers upon rivers upon rivers of thankfulness that overflowed here. That filled me up here. These healing waters that saved my life. There is not any other word but this one upon which to end this journey...Thankful.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment