Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Instead, I'll say this...

Project 365 * 2
Day 736

     Honest truth...I want to complain tonight. I have written out and then erased several bits of writing in the past 20 minutes. I just want to sit here and list all the reasons why this day sucked. Why is it that when days suck, we want an audience to sit there and listen all about it? As if somehow that validates it...

     Instead, I'll say this:

1. I'm thankful that I got my kids to my sister's house safely this morning.

2. I'm thankful that I got to work safely this morning.

3. I'm thankful that all my students got to school safely this morning.

4. I'm thankful for snow boots. They are very important on days like today.

5. I'm thankful that all my loved ones traveled safely to and from their destinations today.

6. I'm thankful for brave people like firefighters, police officers, nurses, and doctors...the people who cannot take a snow day ever. So proud to call my husband one of those brave people.

7. I'm thankful that there is a two hour delay tomorrow morning. I sure could use some extra rest. I'm feeling under the weather. Cuddling in bed tomorrow morning and watching a show with my loves sounds like the best medicine.

8. I'm thankful for pizza for dinner. It hit the spot.

9. I'm thankful that it looks pretty outside.

10. I'm thankful for a warm, dry home. And a comfy bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment