Thursday, January 2, 2020

Big list when I'm feeling down.

January 2, 2020
Day 1,192

Quiet days spent at home.
Time to sit on the couch and watch TV.
Time to read.
Time to crochet.
Time to make my children breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Time to play outside with my children.
Time to cuddle with Higbee.
Big rocks in the woods.
Big pots of soup with lots of garlic.
A large mug of coffee.
A large mug of tea.
Blister peanuts.
Higbee's eyes and ears.
Texts from my huband. Even when we're fighting, he'll send a text that says, "I love you."
The news that my nieces are feeling better from being sick for almost two weeks.
Sophia's birthday.
The fact that we still get to celebrate Christmas with my family.
Chocolate.
Ice cream.
Burrata cheese.
Olives.
Arrested Development.
Socks and sweaters.
Blankets.
Net swings.
Muddy hands.
Bowls of soup for dinner.
Reading books to my babies before bed.
Prayers before bed.
The tired look in Tobin and Addy's eyes at bedtime.
The way they smile when I kiss them goodnight.
Time to write.
The feel of our wood floors under my feet.
The smell of our home.
The feel of the carpet in my room under my feet.
Listening to music while I take a shower.
Three more days at home with my loves.
Foamy smiles when my kids brush their teeth.
Hearing my kids tell me they love me.
My husband snoring in bed next to me.
A quiet house.
The way the trees look at night.
The wildlife camera just waiting to take pictures of animals in the woods.
Nintendo competitions.
The kids trying to teach me how to play Playstation games.
The blue of the sky today.
The crunch of the gravel driveway under my feet.

Even when I'm feeling down, even when the day isn't perfect, there is always way more to be thankful for than there is to be down about.

Thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment