Sunday, January 5, 2020

Pledge Rock

January 5, 2020
Day 1,195

     Today was the best day! Matt had to work, so it was just the kids and I by ourselves all day long. We didn't go anywhere and no one came to visit, but it was a great Sunday just the same. We had breakfast late because we all woke up late at 10:30. After breakfast, we played Nintendo. After Nintendo, we played hide and seek. Tobin is the master of hide and seek. After hide and seek, we went outside to play. I walked Higbee while they kids played on the net swing. Then, we took the wagon and went out into the woods and collected big rocks. It was so fun! It was a lot like collecting shells at the beach except that with collecting rocks, you need a wagon because rocks are a good deal heavier than shells. We piled them all up in a big pile in the front yard for now. Addy and I took about 30 minutes trying to get one huge rock into the wagon. That particular rock was named: Pledge Rock. The kids named it that as it was a part of their secret club. They agreed to let me move Pledge Rock from the woods to our front yard. Pledge Rock must have weighed 150 pounds. That thing was massive, and it was super hard to get into the wagon. We were so proud when we finally got it! After we collected rocks for a few hours, we all came in to get showers. After our showers, we had a late lunch. After lunch, it was more Nintendo. Followed by playtime for the kids and school prep for me. It's sad. I keep trying to spin it in a positive directions, but it's just sad that Christmas break is over. There is just no getting around that.

     I'm thankful for such a fun day with my babies. I'm thankful for the two weeks I had at home with my loves. I'm thankful for Higbee. I'm thankful for tea and apples. I'm thankful for a new, fresh start tomorrow. I'm going to make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment