Friday, January 3, 2020

Muddy shoes and messy rooms.

January 3, 2020
Day 1,193

     This day was lovely. Patty and her kids came over. We had lunch. We napped. We watched TV. We talked. We had big mugs of tea paired with blister peanuts. We laughed. There were muddy shoes, messy rooms, and happy faces. It was good.

     I have the boys with me for the night and Addy is over spending the night at Phia's house for her birthday. I really miss kissing my girl goodnight.

     Thankful for a good day with my family. Thankful for two more days to be home with my loves. Thankful that I have a sleepy Tobin in bed with me for the night. Casey is in Tobin's bed. They just couldn't settle down to sleep. Thankful for Higbee. He loves me so sweetly. Thankful for texts from my husband. Thankful for new days every morning. Thankful for good things to eat for lunch tomorrow: chicken pesto soup and sandwiches. Thankful for my home. I want to be here all the time.

     Muddy shoes and messy rooms. That's where I want to live. In a world where mud and mess is not only okay, it's preferable to the stuffy staleness of a sterile like clean house. I don't envy those Pinterest and Instagram moms with their cleverly placed message boards amongst perfect arrangements of flowers sitting on weathered tables of pretty food. I would love for my house to look like that. But it can't. Because it's not me. Me is muddy shoes and messy rooms. And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment