Friday, January 1, 2021

I won.

January 1, 2021
Day 1,518

     Thankful for a lovely day at home with my babies. I went grocery shopping in the morning. We watched TV. I crocheted. I napped. We had soup for lunch. We played video games. We read books. We played games. We baked bread. We played with Higbee. It was a very good, rainy, relaxing day. Thankful for the first day of 2021. Thankful for the month of January. Thankful for the cozy and the comfortable. Thankful for things like floured kitchen towels covering bowls of rising dough. Thankful for a ticket to a planetarium show my kids are about to put on for me. Thankful for ice cream sundaes in special cups after dinner. Thankful that I have this whole upcoming year to live in my house and love my family. Home is the very best place in the wide world. I'm thankful for our little corner of the wild, wild woods. I'm thankful for this wonderful life. 

     I checked our millionaire raffle ticket tonight and we didn't win. But I told Matt: "I won you. I won our kids. I won this life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything." 

     Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment