Monday, January 25, 2021

Now is the time.

January 25, 2021
Day 1,542

     I got news today that a family friend passed away yesterday. She leaves behind two young daughters. I taught the oldest girl in 2nd and 3rd grade, and I taught the youngest girl in 3rd grade. They were both very special students to me. 

     My heart hurts for their family. 

     Every time I deal with death, I am reminded of the same simple truth: time is precious. It is not a thing to be wasted. It is a not a thing to take for granted. E.B.White said it best, "We are born. We live a little. Then we die." If we all know that death awaits us all, why do we waste our minutes being angry, being sad, doing nothing, not loving, killing time. 

     I'm also reminded that people should never leave things unsaid.  I left something unsaid with my friend, and I'm upset with myself about it. 

     Now is the time to say the things we need to say. Now is the time to make time for each other. Now is the time to use time wisely. Now is the time to love one another. 

     Thankful for the reminder. Thankful for the life of my friend. I'm sure she's one of the most beautiful angels there ever was. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment