Friday, January 15, 2021

You can learn a lot of things from the birds and the hawks.

January 15, 2021
Day 1,532

     Today was a good day. I met a friend for coffee and the sunrise before work. Crisp cold air, red sky, cozy chairs, blankets, and a pot of coffee. It was just us and the birds. I love the way the birds welcome a new day. They like to sit together and chirp about the sunrise. I think a person does good for himself when he follows nature's example for how to go about one's day. 

For example: 

The birds like to gather together in groups and chitter and chatter and sing about the new day. They must talk about the sky. Imagine being a winged creature and not talking about the sky. That's like being a chef and not talking about food. The birds must be absolutely obsessed with the sky and all it's space. I am, and I can't even fly. 

The hawks sit high up and wait patiently for breakfast. They don't hurry it along. They sit and observe and wait and watch. I can't remember the last time that I made a very long time of my breakfast. Why is breakfast amongst humans always hurried and rushed. I eat my breakfast of one banana on the way to work while I'm driving. This isn't the way nature intended. I should be sitting. Observing. Waiting. Watching to see what I can see. There's a lot to miss if you're always hurrying along. 

     Today, I sat in a chair next to my friend and we talked about the new day and the sky and what's good. We didn't hurry. We sat for a time. It was very good. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment