Sunday, September 11, 2022

Bready things.

September 11, 2022
Day 2,155

Thankful for: 

Rain. 

A day to spend entirely at home with my family. 

Good food to eat. 

Chili for the first football game of the season. 

A nap in the afternoon. 

Many cups of tea. 

Lots of bready things going on in my kitchen: bread with poolish, a sourdough starter with honey, a sourdough starter with wheat and white flour, and flour sitting out gathering yeast for another starter that I'll begin later this week. I love baking bread. It's such a comfort. 

I ordered another banneton basket today along with a lame for scoring sourdough loaves. 

I had some ice cream today and it tasted like heaven. 

I've been watching Home Improvement with my kids today. 

I lit the candles today just for us. Adelyn asked me why I was lighting all the candles. She wanted to know if we were having company over. I want to make sure to light the candles when it's just us. It's a good thing for us to enjoy our pretty home together. 

Higbee had a bone today and he ran around a long time trying to hide it. I love watching him do dog things like howling and burying bones. 

I cleaned out my kitchen a bit today and made more room on the counter for my bread baking materials. 

Matt gave me many hugs and kisses today. 

A new, fresh week is starting tomorrow. 

All my papers are graded. I love going into the week with no work piled up. 

My mom called today to ask if she could help with my busy week. I love that my parents like to help us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment