Saturday, July 22, 2023

Great Saturday!

July 22, 2023
Day 2,466

Thankful for: 

A great Saturday with my kids. 

We went to Seven Oaks Lavender Farm. We picked lots of free lavender. 

It was really calming and relaxing to pick lavender stems. 

Adelyn and I were sitting by one big bush and a big bumblebee came by. She immediately wanted to get up and leave, but I was able to show her that we could sit and be still and it wouldn't hurt us. After it left, she remarked how I was a calm person, and I don't think I've ever had a nicer compliment in my whole life. I don't feel like a calm person, but I sure am glad Adelyn can see me that way. 

I took the kids to Cold Stone, and since my dad was in the area, we invited him to come for ice cream too. My dad got a chocolate peanut butter ice cream in a waffle cone. Tobin got sweet cream with white chocolate chips mixed in. Adelyn got coffee ice cream with white chocolate chips mixed in. I got just a plain sweet cream ice cream. It's my favorite. We had a nice time talking and visiting. 

When we came home, I made fresh sourdough bread and homemade chicken soup for Matt's mom. We took it over and ate dinner with them. It was really nice to visit with Matt's mom, Steph, and Mario. We talked about all of our favorite foods at while we ate. 

I came home and cleaned up the kitchen from all the baking and soup making. I didn't watch a show while I did it. I just cleaned up quietly and spent time thinking and praying. 

A big mug of tea in bed with a favorite show to end the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment