Monday, April 30, 2012

12. Trees

Day 12: Trees

     I love trees. I write about them often. There are three trees that are my favorite. The first is our cherry tree on China Grove. It was the most magnificent cherry tree I've ever seen. Truly. I use the word magnificent because it was. It was gorgeous. And in the spring...the blossoms were so vividly pink. The second is our cherry tree on Rogue Forest. I love it because my Grandfather planted it for us. I love it because it grows with us as our family grows. It too is turning out to be an amazing tree. With amazingly pink blossoms. I don't know if it's possible that two of my favorite trees have pinker (yeah, I said pinker) blossoms than other cherry trees...but they sure do seem brighter and more beautiful. The third is the tree by the graveyard in our neighborhood. It is one of the most peaceful places. Addy and I walk there almost everyday. She is drawn to the tree, just as I am. In fact, Casey is drawn there too. It's interesting that two toddlers who want nothing more than to run free when they are outside actually walk to the tree...and stay there. They walk around it. They touch it. They talk about it in their own language. They sit by it. They lean against it. They collect twigs around it. And I stand there and watch it. I love to watch them by our tree.

     I love it because there's a history there. Our history. And standing by our tree makes me feel happy, joyful, and most of all...peace-full.

No comments:

Post a Comment