Thursday, April 26, 2012

8. Dogs

Day 8: Dogs

     This will not be my last post about dogs. I'm sure there may be at least 5. Seriously...there is no greater creature in the animal kingdom than the dog. They are the epitome of loyalty and unconditional love. And personally, I feel that all those "mean" dogs out there just weren't trained properly or loved enough.

     There is one dog that I never knew personally, but think of often. I was driving to work one day. Feeling blah. Going through stuff. I came to a red light next to an old truck. For no reason I looked over. It was one of those trucks that is only three seats across. There was a very old man driving, and sitting right next to him, cuddled into his side, was a dog. The man had his arm draped over the dog's back, and the dog had his head resting on the man's shoulder. I watched them sit together like that...driving in the early morning traffic. Light after light. Cuddled. Embracing each other. It was one of the sweetest moments I've ever witnessed between human and dog. It made my day.

     I went home, and cuddled my dog.

     Thankful for dogs that love me.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment