Sunday, April 22, 2012

4. Rainy Sundays

Day 4: Rainy Sundays

     I love rainy days. Some people loathe them, and I'm not sure why. I would personally hate if it was sunny 24/7. I may be biased, because I absolutely despise the sun. Most summer days...I wish I could shoot the sun out of the sky with a machine gun. (I've said it before, and I'm saying it again.) It's the truth. I actually think that on hot summer days. On more than one occasion...I have been so miserable in the heat of the sun that it actually reduces me to tears.

     But the rain...I love the rain. It gives me an excuse to stay inside my cozy home all day long. We watch movies. We eat soup. We cuddle under blankets. We paint pictures. And read books. Today, Addy did some water color paintings of a skunk, and some ducks. It's a good excuse to let the dishes wait. And to hold off on the cleaning. And to just...relax. And relish in the fact that we have a warm, cozy home to cuddle in.

     I love the rain. But rain on a Sunday? That's the whole package.

No comments:

Post a Comment