Wednesday, April 25, 2012

7. Hawks

Day 7: Hawks

     I never thought I would view hawks as a symbol of hope and peace. I never thought I would see them daily...soaring above me whenever my mind begins to doubt. They find and seem to follow me whenever I am outside. Much like the butterflies that would flutter around me daily after I lost River. Hawks have become as much a symbol of him as butterflies are of her. Daily reminders that there is hope. There is a gift waiting. That I should not fear. That I should trust.

     I look up at them, and I just have to smile. I cannot continue to doubt. But my mind is a powerful thing, and I find myself in the same position the next day. And then...my hawk. My daily reminder. A soaring emblem of my future. My Jeremiah 29:11.

     I should have known when I saw that first hawk soar over our favorite tree. And especially when it landed in the tree. And began calling out to me. Squawking at me. This strange and loud scream of a squawk. But it wasn't enough for this doubting Thomas. He gave me daily hawks to remind me that "God is good," and "peace," is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment