Friday, April 27, 2012

9. Dancing

Day 9: Dancing

     I love to dance. It makes me happy. And I really don't care what I look like, or who is watching...I just dance. I have passed this love of dancing onto my daughter. She loves to dance. She dances to songs from shows, little songs that play on her toys, and sometimes...she dances just because. There doesn't have to be any music. She doesn't care. She just dances. And I love it.

     Her favorite song is, "We found love," by Rihanna. This did not happen on purpose. Nor am I proud to admit that my daughter's favorite song is by Rihanna. However, in her defense...it is an awesome song, and she has never seen the music video, obviously. (The video made the song come down in notch in my book. It feels like such a joyful, happy song...and the video is the opposite of that.) We love to turn the volume all the way up, and dance around our kitchen. Addy's favorite way to dance is to turn around in circles until she falls over. Or to make me hold her while we dance together. It makes me really tired to dance that way. But I don't mind.

     I hope she never stops dancing. I hope that she continues dancing no matter what she looks like. No matter who may be watching. I hope she always wants me dance with her. Even when I'm 90 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment