Monday, July 21, 2014

Break Glass in Case of Emergency.

Project 365 * 4
Day 566













     I'm sure I'm going to get in trouble for writing this. Let me just say, I'm sorry, Mom, in advance. I have, or had, in my possession, one emergency cigarette. My sort of, fire extinguisher. My, break glass in case of of emergency, cigarette. One lovely, lonely, American Spirit cigarette. I swear, sometimes, I really miss smoking. It was one of my favorite things to do. And I'm not ashamed to say it. Sorry again, Mom. Today, I broke the glass. Well, really, I just opened up the lid of one of my teapots and fished it out of there. I'm not going to lie. It was a glorious, glorious smoke. It tasted amazing. And honestly, I needed it. Yes. Needed. I closed my eyes and relaxed as I breathed in the most delicious smoke, and when I opened them, I noticed the leaves whipping about in the wind.

     Today was a stressful day. The most stressful I've had in a long while. But as I sat and stared at the leaves in the wind, I thought about how strong trees have to be. They can't hide. They can't run. They can only stand in place and take whatever life throws at them. They are so courageous. And brave. And one can learn a lot about life in the company of trees.

     Today, I am most thankful for family. The ones who stand with you, and help you, and save you. I'm thankful for the love and support of the most amazing human beings on this earth. Who I just happen to call, family. I'm thankful for the trees. I love them so. Thankful for my emergency cigarette. Thankful for the end of this day. Tomorrow will be new, and fresh, and good. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment