Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Inspiration will come...

Project 365 * 4
Day 554

   

     I've learned something about faith, perseverance, and commitment through blogging everyday. I've learned that even when I'm feeling uninspired, to keep going. I've learned that even when my day seems dull, unexciting, and mundane, to keep it up. I've learned that one cannot possibly have amazing day after amazing day after amazing day. There are bound to be times when I feel like I'm dragging my feet. There are bound to be times when I struggle to write. There are bound to be times when I'm just not feeling it. But I've made a commitment. So I keep going. And sometimes, weeks will pass. Months even, before I feel like I'm writing anything worth reading at all. But that's the thing about faith and perseverance. You keep believing. You keep doing the thing you set out to do. You have faith that any day now, you will turn a corner and discover a new revelation. That's what I've been doing the past few weeks. I've been faithful. I've persevered. I've remembered my commitment when I sit down to write at night and have absolutely nothing to say. I keep telling myself to keep it up. New discoveries are just around the corner. New revelations. Inspiration doesn't ever just run dry. It only lets up for a while. And one day, when I'm least expecting it, it will come rushing over me like a waterfall. In the meantime, I'm thankful for the down time. I'm thankful because at any minute, I know that because I've kept up faith, and because I've persevered when it's very hard to, inspiration will come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment