Sunday, July 6, 2014

Yonase. Helping the needy.

Project 365 * 4
Day 551

52 Kind Things

     I gave food and money to a needy family today. It wasn't much food. It wasn't much money. But it was something. I'm so thankful to have all that I need and more. It's easy to forget how very blessed I am. But when you see something like a family with kids begging for money on the side of the road, it really puts things into perspective.

52 People I Love

     Been thinking about my friend, Yonase, this week. I worked with him at Starbucks. We had the absolute best time working together. We would literally laugh throughout our entire shift together. He is an amazing guy. He's one of those people that is always positive. He doesn't let things get him down. He is incredibly kind and fun. Everyone that meets him completely falls in love with him. He's just that lovable. It may sound silly, but one of my favorite things to do with him was to close the pastry case. We would do it together after we closed the store, and we would be hysterically laughing the entire time. I don't even know what about really. Just silly stuff. But it was my favorite part of the day. My other favorite thing to do with Yonase was drive. Windows down, music all the way up, a freshly lit cigarette after a long day. Our favorite song was, "Don't stop believing." We played it over and over. I so miss my friend. I hate all the time and distance between us. But, I'm so thankful for all the time I did get to spend with him. Because he is an incredible person, and I love him so much.


     Thankful for a fine day with family. I love family days. Thankful for bedtime. Even though it was an awesome day, it was a long one. And my body is aching for my bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment