Sunday, July 20, 2014

Turtle. Benn.

Project 365 * 4
Day 565

52 Kind Things

     I saved a turtle today. I was leaving my neighborhood to go to the store, and I saw a little turtle trying to cross the road. I knew he would get hit if I didn't save him, so even though I wasn't too keen on picking up a turtle, I did it anyways. I carried him to the grass and watched him inch away for a second. Before I picked him up, I kept thinking, what if this is a snapping turtle? But then I thought, well, don't snapping turtles deserve love and kindness too?

52 People I Love

     Been thinking about my friend, Benn, this week. I worked with him at Starbucks. Benn is literally the smartest human being I've ever met. He's like a walking encyclopedia. He knows everything about everything. I was constantly amazed at his knowledge of history, the world, and just life in general. He also happens to be the kindest, most personable person I've ever met. He will talk to anyone. Have conversations with strangers. Offer cigarettes to strangers. Do favors for strangers. I remember when I first started working there, I got really sick one night. I threw up in the bathroom, and for the rest of the night, he took over. He did everything for me. I literally laid on a chair while he did everything I was supposed to be doing. And then he offered to drive me home. I had only known him for about two or three weeks at that point. That instance is the very definition of who Benn is. He's just that kind. And generous. And caring. I'm so thankful to have worked with him. And I'm thankful to know him and call him my friend.


     Thankful for a good day. Thankful for a delicious dinner. And a kick ass workout tonight. Thankful that a new week begins tomorrow. A new week for new adventures and fun things to do.

Addy really liked Matt's class A uniform. She said, "wow, you look nice!"





No comments:

Post a Comment